Friday, September 11, 2020

Wines Update 9/11

 Dear Wines Families, 

Well, here we are at the end of our first week of school. Obviously, this was a new experience for everyone and I think overall it was a GREAT week. I myself had a new experience this week. After over 25 years as a classroom teacher and principal, I am very comfortable in classrooms with kids. However, today I read a story to a Kindergarten classroom via Zoom for the first time and I was really nervous. I found myself awake at 5:30 AM practicing in front of my computer on a Zoom call that only included me to make sure I held the book up just right!!! I think things went well and I'm looking forward to reading to the rest of the Kindergarten and Young 5's classroom next week! 

 

Full Days of School Next Week

Next week there is a small change from what I've shared earlier. Students will not be using Schoology to "go" to class. Instead, we will utilize the same Zoom links from this week. Next week, teachers will spend time daily working with kids to have them gain familiarity with Schoology so that on Sept. 21, our days will start in Schoology without any problems. By now, many of you have received your QR codes in the U.S. mail that will help students log on to Schoology and/or Clever. Mail is not consistent right now, so if you haven't received yours, don't worry. Teachers will be working with you next week to make sure everyone has their QR codes and we will get you your code in time for the 21st if you don't receive it by mail. Please let your teacher know starting Monday if you have not received the mailing. 

Next week are full days of school and our special area classes also start next week. Being the first week of full virtual school days, our teachers will be working with their daily schedules to maximize their instructional opportunities and also monitoring student engagement and fatigue. So schedules will likely shift based on how things go. A more firm daily schedule will be in place for the week of the 21st based on this information.

 

Attendance

We had great attendance this week! If your child is going to be absent from school, you can alert us in two ways. You can call the Wines main line at (734) 994-1973 and leave a message. You can also email Robin Moore directly at moorero@aaps.k12.mi.us. Just like when we are in the school building we do need to account for each child daily. 

 

Thanks for a great first week of school and certainly one I'll never forget. Have a nice weekend and we'll see the kids on Zoom at 8:10. As always, please don't hesitate to reach out to me with any questions. 

David

 

No comments:

Post a Comment