Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Weekly Blog 4/8

Dear Wines Families,
I again sincerely hope this message finds you healthy and settling into this new reality of ours. With the warmer weather, Trish and I have taken a number of walks in our neighborhood and it has been great to see many of our Wines kids and families.

I don't have a long message today, but I do want to give everyone a quick preview of the weeks ahead. Beginning next week, forward instruction will take place in our school district. Students will receive new content in Math, Language Arts, Science, Socials Studies, and in the special area classes. Teachers, curriculum leaders, and district and building administrators have been working tirelessly over the past two weeks or so to establish a district-wide plan and common approach to what distance learning will look like over the next 9 or 10 weeks. Today I am meeting with our staff (virtually) to go over the plan and over the next two days I will be meeting with each grade level team and our specials team to plan instruction. While school will certainly look different, this is also a great opportunity for creativity and innovation and while I would much rather be in school, I am excited about what is coming.

Please look for a more comprehensive email from me tomorrow that outlines more specifically what you and your children can expect moving forward. For now, stay healthy, stay positive, and enjoy some sunshine today!
David

No comments:

Post a Comment