Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Weekly Blog 11/7


Dear Wines Families,

Before I give the news for the week, I wanted to share a quick experience and appreciation I had yesterday. As many of you know, I have the unique opportunity of living in the Wines community. Being the principal of the school in my neighborhood is something that I’ve always enjoyed and I’ve considered myself extremely lucky. Yesterday, it struck me again how fortunate I am. While voting at Skyline High School, the voting area was literally full of current and former Wines families. The sense of community was palpable and again reinforced to me how wonderful it is to be part of this community and to be in my position at Wines. I assure you; I don’t take this opportunity and responsibility for granted!

On to this week’s news:

Picture Re-Take Day: Nov. 13
Picture Re-Take Day is Next Tuesday, Nov. 13. If your child did not have their picture taken on our first picture day, we will send home a new order form. If your child had their picture taken and you would like a new set, please bring your original picture packet to school that day. Orders can also be made online at www.inter-state.com/order and our code is: 327770PA.

Important Modular Construction Information
Beginning this week, construction on one of the final pieces of the modular building will commence. A covered canopy is being constructed that will connect the modular building to the main school. As a result, a temporary fence will be set up in the general area outside of Mrs. Middleton’s windows (the Young 5’s have assured me they can make more noise than the construction workers!). The main sidewalk around the Cooley lot will remain accessible. However, we will just have the narrow sidewalk so please be careful at arrival and dismissal.

Science and Builders Fair Tomorrow!
I encourage everyone to stop by Wines tomorrow evening to see all of the incredible student displays and projects. You don’t have to have a child participating to enjoy this family event.

2018 STEAM Expo
Mark Your Calendar: The AAPS District STEAM Expo is Thursday, November 29th from 6:00-8:00 pm at Skyline High School. A great opportunity to see various ways STEAM curriculum is implemented Young 5s through 12th grade, including the middle and high school robotics teams. Hope to see you there!

Lost and Found
We will empty our Lost and Found for the second time this year next Friday, Nov. 16th. Please remind your child to have a look if they are missing anything. This is also a great time to remind families to try to label your children’s items. Lunch boxes, sweaters/sweatshirts, and jackets are especially important.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment