Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Weekly Blog 9/7

Dear Wines Families,

Here we are half way through day two of the school year and things are going along very well!! It’s a bit hot but we are surviving and the kids and staff are already engaged in their routines. In many ways, it seems like we never left and for our new students, it seems like they’ve been here for years!

For our new families, welcome to my first Weekly Blog of the school year. The blog contains the same content as my Wednesday Emails and you can expect to receive the email every Wednesday. I usually have it out before I leave for the day, though sometimes it will come in the evening. All of the important information from Wines will come via my emails/blog so please plan on taking a few minutes to read this each Wednesday. There are times during the year when I’ll send more than one email a week, though I try hard not to fill your inboxes.

I want to point your attention to two important dates. First, our annual Back to School Picnic is tomorrow (Thursday) evening at 6:30. Please provide your picnic meal for your family. Our PTO will supply water. Second, our annual Curriculum Night is next Tuesday, September 13th. Our teachers will present in their classrooms from 6:30-7:00. From 7:00-7:30 I will speak to our community in the auditorium. From 7:30-8:00, our teachers will repeat their presentations so if you have scheduling challenges or multiple children at Wines, you have two opportunities that evening. Please note that at this event, we will not have adequate childcare so we ask that this is an adult-only event.

Please look for your child’s red “Wednesday Folder” in his or backpack today. While most of what we send is done via my emails, we do send some items home on paper and the Wednesday Folder is where you’ll find it.

Finally, just a reminder that there are MANY ways to keep up with all things Wines. In addition to the Wednesday Email, the content of my email can also be found on my blog at www.winesprincipal.blogspot.com. In addition, I use Twitter regularly so Twitter users, please follow me @winesprincipal. Finally, the Wines Facebook page is active this year and can be found at www.facebook.com/wineselementary.

Thanks for a great first day and a half!! Looking forward to many more.


David

No comments:

Post a Comment