Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Weekly Update 12/9

 Dear Wines Families, 

Sorry for the late message today, it’s been a long day of Zoom!!! 

As always, I hope this finds you well. Having said that, I do know that “well” is a relative term right now. As I said last week, I do find myself with a level of optimism for 2021 but I also know that we are all living in extraordinarily challenging times right now and we are all impacted in myriad ways. While we are a virtual community, we are still a community and I want everyone to know that with Wines being a central part of our community, we are with you and here to support you and your family in any way we can. 

Report Cards

Soon you will be receiving information regarding how to access your child’s fall report card. Report cards will be available next Thursday, Dec. 17. While our traditional report card has undergone some minor revisions due to the virtual environment, in most ways it is nearly exactly like previous years’ reports. Though it isn’t exactly like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, there are some limitations to our report cards this fall with virtual instruction. I say that only to let everyone know that our teachers are doing an extraordinary job of teaching each day and an equally extraordinary job of learning about and reporting on the strengths and growth areas for your child. As with any report card, this is just a snapshot in time for your child. It will provide valuable information, but only a partial picture. It is also just the first report card out of three for the school year and so it is just a beginning. As Shanna Middleton told me when my boys were in her Kindergarten classroom, this is a marathon and not a sprint and so I don’t want families to spend undo time worrying about your child’s report card or progress. Your child IS making progress and we will continue to support them in their learning as the year goes on and work with you in partnership to have a successful school year. 

That’s all for now. As always, please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions. 

David


No comments:

Post a Comment