Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Weekly Update 12/16

 Dear Wines Families, 

Well, here we are with the final message of 2020. It’s certainly been a different and challenging year, but I’m happy to have you all part of my life during these times and I look forward to brighter days in 2021! 

Report Cards and Assessment Data

Tomorrow, every family will receive one or two emails from me. All families will receive an email with a secure link to your child’s report card. Grades 2-5 will receive a second email with a secure link to your child’s NWEA report. Grades K/1 will receive a second email with your child’s local math assessment data. Young 5’s will receive just the report card. I’ve done a lot of email gymnastics to get these all set up in our system and I’m crossing my fingers that I did everything right! 

Below are links to letters by grade level with some explanation of the assessment data and for grades K-2, directions for how you can access your child’s Lexia reading data that is part of the fall assessment reporting. 

Please let me know if you have any issues or questions about these items. 

K/1 Letter

2nd grade letter

3rd-5th grade letter

Go Nemo Go!!  

Tune in to the Food Network on December 28th at 9pm & 10pm to watch former Wines student and current Forsythe 6th grader, Nemo Tsai, premiere on the “Kids Baking Championship”. He will be on weekly until he is eliminated. If he’s eliminated!! Here’s a press release about the show. 

Restaurant Fundraisers

On January 12, Wines will be participating with Noodles and Company for a fundraiser. 25% of proceeds of takeout and delivery that evening will go to Wines. Below is a flyer with more information. 




And speaking of Nemo Tsai, we will be partnering with his family’s restaurant, Godaiko, later this winter! 


I hope everyone can find some time for rest and rejuvenation during the upcoming winter break. 


David


No comments:

Post a Comment