Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Weekly Update 12/2

Dear Wines Families, 

I hope this finds everyone well. It is amazing that we find ourselves here in December. I know we ALL likely are looking forward to the end of 2020, though the struggles of this year will certainly continue into 2021. I do currently find myself with increased optimism that life will ultimately get back to normal for all of us at some point in 2021. 

Book Fair Continues
Just a reminder that our virtual Book Fair continues through Dec. 16. Click HERE for the fair’s website to browse. 

Sora
While the Book Fair will help get real books into our hands, did you know that our students have access to fiction eBooks through a platform called Sora?  Mrs. Evaldson has explored Sora with grades two through five during library class, and it is available for the younger children with some adult help. Sora is found on the Resource Portal on the Library Schoology page of your child’s home base.  Mrs. Evaldson will leave the slide deck with instructions up through December. It is easy to set up and will offer your child many wonderful choices for recreational reading. The AAPS collection was selected by AAPS librarians and the Midwest Collaborative collection comes for the AADL.  

Click here for An Introduction to Sora and Sora FAQs.  Please contact Mrs. Evaldson if you have any questions (evaldson@aaps.k12.mi.us

Wines Directory
Recently I’ve received a few inquiries about the Wines Directory. I did send it out a number of weeks ago, but I’m sure many of us have lost track of some of our emails!! In today's email, I again sent everyone the directory. 

Supply Distribution
There are still a handful of families who have not picked up art supplies and/or Math Journal 2 and/or 5th grade instruments. If you still need these items, please email me directly and I’ll arrange a touch-free pick up for you. 

That’s it for this week. Please stay safe and stay positive and let me know if you have any questions or concerns. 

David 

No comments:

Post a Comment