Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Weekly Blog 3/18

Dear Wines Families,

Good morning! I hope everyone is healthy and getting used to this new reality. Although, it seems like our reality changes daily! I want to send just a few notes out today but more importantly, I just want to say hello and let you all know that I’m thinking about everyone and missing everyone.

Need Technology?
Nearly all of our students took the technology survey last Friday. The school district has used this data to identify families in need of technology for home learning. Please look for a district announcement later today (likely after 4:00) with the technology distribution plan. I will follow up after the district message just to make sure everyone knows the Wines plan.

Teacher Communication
As I said the other day, teachers are beginning to have daily communication with kids and families. They have also been engaged in staff development (remotely) this week on ways to make virtual learning possible. Most teachers have already begun sending home activities and opportunities. Please know that these experiences are meant to provide enrichment and engagement and are not meant at this time to be new material. Our hope is that for now, this keeps kids connected with school, but these assignments are not “graded” and are optional for students.

Food Distribution
Please click on the link below with information about food distribution around our community.

News from Special Area Teachers
Library
Hello, Wines learners!  I will be sharing specific ideas for each grade level as we begin this new adventure.  I encourage every family to bookmark the library website (https://www.a2schools.org/domain/469) for a wealth of resources.  Students are familiar with our best databases already, but I am adding new links as publishers and authors are making their resources available for free.  This is a great time for students to improve their keyboarding skills.  Building Bridges is a great place for our younger students to land.  --Mrs. Evaldson

Music
Hello, Wines students and families! I hope this email finds you well. I certainly missed seeing our students, staff, and families this week! In the weeks ahead, I will be updating the music website to include short assignments, music games, songs/skills we'd been working on in class, and more. Grade-level specific items can be found under the "Classroom Activities" heading. The link to the music website is: https://winesmusic.weebly.com/

I plan on being available through email during normal school hours (8:53 AM-3:59 PM). Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Wishing each of you good health! 
All the best,

Ms. Glaser

Physical Education
Hello Wines Wildcats! I would like all of you to stay active.  Get some fresh air and play, go for a walk or run, ride your bike, roller blade.  All Wahl's Walkers can earn 30 miles.  Just keep a log.

Miss Wahl

I continue to wish everyone good health. I am available at any time via email so please do not hesitate to contact me.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment