Saturday, March 14, 2020

Hello Wines! Updates for 3/14

Hello Wines Families,

I want to first simply reach out and say hello. I am thinking about everyone in our community and I know this is a time of uncertainty and fear in our world and in the Wines community. We will ride this out together and today I want to give a few pieces of important information. Before I do, I just want to thank everyone as we all navigated the past couple days. I want to first thank the Wines teachers and staff who were in full "what can I do to help?" mode these past few days. They were supporting our kids and families and supporting each other. Friday was a unique day of learning, but one that was also very normal in our school. A sense of normalcy was exactly what our kids needed. Friday was a day I will reflect on for many years to come and I know I will always reflect on the feelings of pride and admiration I had for our staff. I also want to thank our parents and families who trusted us, offered your support, and contributed to a sense of calm and normalcy for our kids. What a community! Ok, here is some information for today and the days ahead:

Communication
Classroom teachers will be in frequent communication with families. During the next week, teachers are planning and collaborating digitally to best support student learning during our time away from schools and will begin to implement these plans in the days to come. For the first few days, this may simply be in the form of daily check ins and reminders. Ultimately communication will include more academic content opportunities. While the Wines teachers are the finest I have ever seen, turning their classrooms 100% digital literally overnight is a lot to ask. But as we met yesterday, our teachers were fully engaged together and I expect we will see great things. I will be in frequent communication as well. As with the regular school weeks, sometimes less is more so I will try to limit my messages--though things are changing daily so I will likely send more notes than normal. I also ask that families please read the larger AAPS communications

Food Service for Families
AAPS, Chartwells, CAN, and other community providers have partnered to provide food for families in need during this time away from school. We know well that many families depend on school provided meals. In my email earlier today I included a link to information and locations for food delivery. I've also been contacted by many in our community about how you can help. Right now, I ask that you spread information about these opportunities and if we think we need additional support, I will most certainly reach out.

Wines Auction
The Wines Auction Friday evening has been cancelled. Our PTO is actively looking to reschedule for later in April or May. If we aren't able to reschedule, we have plans for an online opportunity for both the silent and live auctions.

That's all for today. Please reach out to me with any questions or concerns you have. Like I said before, we will ride this out together.

Be well,
David

No comments:

Post a Comment