Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Weekly Update 1/20

Dear Wines Families,

As I sit here witnessing President Biden be sworn in to office and walk up the steps into the White House just two weeks after the unprecedented and unfathomable events at the Capitol, I’m at a loss for the right words. I’m proud today that democracy has triumphed and I’m humbled to have been able to spend the day with my boys watching this transition. Regardless of your political leanings, I think we can all agree that the time has come to, as President Biden has said, lower the temperature in our country. I’m optimistic about the days ahead in our country and our world. 

I just have a couple of announcements today: 

Transition to In-Person Learning

As I said last week, we are optimistic that we will be able to return to hybrid in-person instruction by early March. It has been a busy week for us and we are working hard to make final preparations for this transition. I thank you for your understanding and patience as details are worked out and I encourage everyone to continue to follow updates from Dr. Swift and from me. 

International Night

As mentioned in last week's email, this year we will be hosting a socially distanced International Night in the Wines Parking Lot on Thursday, Feb 18 from 5-6:30 PM. Thank you to those who have already expressed interest in contributing to the boxes that will be put together and distributed. If you would like to participate, whether it's contributing to the boxes or even just picking one or more up, please complete this Google Form.

Please contact Celeste Kanpurwala with any questions at celestelsmith@gmail.com

Thank You.

David

 

No comments:

Post a Comment